Saturday 27 May 2017

When the Revolution comes...

...and I take my seat as the head of Government I recognise that I will need some assistance to run this once great country and bring it back to greatness.  So I propose the following people for my cabinet (some are fictional, some are historic, but this is my fantasy cabinet).

Chancellor of the Exchequer

Up until a few months ago, my go-to person would have been Richard Branson, without a doubt, but having seen how he is trying to bring down Brexit he is now off my radar, so I would choose Ebeneezer Scrooge (I did say fantasy cabinet).  He is not afraid of offending people with his decisions, if people owe money they pay or get out.  Simple.

If he didn't want this job, then I would choose him for Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (if you don't work, you don't get a pension).


Secretary of State for Education

Miss Trunchbull.  If children don't learn discipline at school how are they going to survive in the workplace? And with my proposed clamp down on the current benefits culture, what are they going to live on?


Secretary of State for International Trade, and President of the Board of Trade

Again, this is a job that I would have earmarked for Richard Branson, but now I think it would have to be James Dyson.


Secretary of State for Transport

You knew this one was coming - Jeremy Clarkson or Richard Hammond or James May.  They understand that reducing speed limits on motorways is ridiculous, as are bus lanes, cycle lanes and closing the entire motorway for hours to recover a single item of debris.  They know that the new Smart Motorways are just going to bean excuse to mint money.


Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport

Why is this even a post?

Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration

Any law enforcement office who has appeared on Nothing To Declare or Border Security.  They seem to care about their country, if they don't want you in, you don't get in.


I am still working on the rest of my Cabinet, so check back.

Who would be in yours?








No comments:

Post a Comment