Saturday 7 February 2015

Am I being too hard on people?

As you know, my life is very black and white, something is either right or wrong, and my current annoyance is people acting like weak kittens when they are a bit ill.

I know I complain when I get colds, especially when they seem to go on forever, but I still get on with my day. But so many people seem to be having time off for the smallest things - a cold, a sore neck.  I can't remember the last time I had time off work, certainly it hasn't been in the last 6 years.

I've worked with people who start laying the groundwork for a few days off sick a couple of days in advance, and you know exactly what they are doing.



I have days when I struggle to wash my hair because I can't hold my arms above my shoulders for more than a few seconds at a time.  But I just get on with it and go to work.

I have occasional episodes during the day when I suddenly feel drained and cannot talk without slurring my words, and cannot walk in a straight line making me appear drunk.  These episodes last about 15 minutes and then as fast as they come on, they go, but again, I just get on with it.

I have panic attacks, mostly in the middle of the night, which last a couple of hours at a time, they wake me and I can't go back to sleep as I am convinced that if I lay down I will stop breathing.  Recently I have started having them during the day as well.  But I still just get on with my work day.

I have days when I shake for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Am I the oddity?  Getting on with my day as normal regardless of how I feel?  Should I start taking time off whenever I feel under the weather?

2 comments:

  1. Some people go way over the top when they're a little bit poorly....It annoys me too.
    If everybody took a day off when they felt the tiniest bit ill nothing would be done.
    I don't think you are being too hard at all.....This is a bit cliche but as a stay at home mum I don't get days off....Even when I'm ill the kids still have to be fed, washed, amused & taken to school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that you aren't being harsh at all - that said, if you need (note the word: need) time off then you should have it. I have just had nine days off work with an infected stomach lining.

    Lizzie Dripping

    ReplyDelete