Saturday 27 December 2014

My Birthday Wishlist

It is 10 days to my birthday and I am feeling sorry for myself, the office lurgy which has had various people off work over the last month or so hit me yesterday.

I also triple salchowed round the icy supermarket car park this morning and pulled muscles that I didn't even know I had.

So to cheer myself up, I decided to make a wishlist of birthday gifts, should money be no object.

  • Central Heating - I grew up in a house without Central Heating and I have lived in this house for 20 years without Central Heating with no problems whatsoever, but recently I have been feeling the cold more, not sure if it is my age or Global Warming, but I am almost always cold!
  • New windows - the existing windows have condensation between the frames and need replacing, it is worse in the kitchen and back bedroom.
  • New kitchen - the kitchen has not been updated since the 50s
  • Carpets throughout the house, I removed them all when I moved in, except for in 2 of the bedrooms, but now I want them back.
  • A new immersion heater so that I can have instant hot water.
Actually, I think this is making me feel worse.
  • An apartment in Calella, Spain, so that I only have to pay for flights and would therefore be able to afford to visit more times than I do now.
Something like this would be more than acceptable, this is in Sant Pol de Mar, the next town down from Calella
  • Someone to come in and organise my storage, such that it is, for me.  I keep attempting to tidy up but get bored and wander off.
  • My debts paid off, they are coming down slowly and I feel pleased with what I have achieved, but there is still more to do.
  • A place on a local ghosthunt
  • My ACCA letters! 
So if anyone is wondering what to buy me, feel free to pick from the above.

1 comment: