Saturday 5 July 2014

The Breakfast Club - Who Were You?

Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong. What we did 'was' wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain... ...and an athlete... ...and a basket case... ...a princess... ...and a criminal.  Does that answer your question?... Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.

I have recently watched The Breakfast Club again (I always preferred it to St Elmo's Fire) and I was wondering, those of you of a certain age, who did you see yourself as?

I always saw myself as the Ally Sheedy basket case character, even though it turned out that she wasn't actually a basket case, I was certainly no Molly Ringwald princess.  

I also had a major thing for Judd Nelson, at least until I saw him in Airheads anyway.

So, who were you?

Were you the brain?

The athlete?

 The basket case?


 The princess?


 Or the criminal?



Do you even know what I am blogging about?

No comments:

Post a Comment