Wednesday 2 July 2014

My first Glycolic Peel, part 2

The continuing story of my peel.

Day 4 - The whiteheaded pimples on my chin are taking over!  They have increased in number and in size extending under my chin too.  The worst of them popped in the shower.

The rough, discoloured patch on my chin is drying out and getting more and more sore.

Bits of skin are starting to flake off.

The beautician has advised that she has sent the batch of lotions back to the manufacturer for testing and has offered to refund our money, she would also like to see the damage to our faces so we are trying to arrange a time when we can get out of work, obviously evenings are out for her as that is when all her bookings are.

By the end of the day, the pimples had started to spread further up my face, on to my cheeks and further under my chin.  A few are starting to appear on my forehead too.

The rough area has started to crack and weep again.  It also looks very red where the cracks are.

Boss no.2's face is starting to improve, although there is still a very obvious scar across her chin.

Day 5 - I did a bad thing last night, after making sure my face was clean I popped all the pimples.  I know it was wrong but it was so satisfying!  Unfortunately, I now seem to have twice as many.

I found a lump of my chin on my desk just after lunch, or at least some of the crusty brown stuff that had been on my chin.

The spots are getting worse and are still spreading.  I look horrendous.  My nose is starting to peel which is really annoying as I can see it!

This is my chin currently.



I was googling again to find out if this is normal and came across this website, Health, Beauty and Skincare Products.

It made for interesting reading.

Complications after a medium peel may require medical attention. If the skin starts to blister or develops an infection, get to a doctor. Pus filled blisters are a sign of infection and will probably require anti biotic and anti viral medication.

It’s a good idea to do a patch test at least 24 hours before the actual peel. Some people are allergic to the ingredients in chemical peels.


If you have oral herpes, you are at a greater risk for infection and scarring. You should get a prescription for anti viral medication to minimize the risk of a flare up.


I do have a lot of coldsores, nothing at the moment, but this question was not asked.  Nor was a patch test even offered.


I really don't know what to do for the best.  After telling the beautician that we would like to see her, we have heard nothing.

I have now decided that if I wake up with more blisters and pimples tomorrow, then I will go to the doctors.

No comments:

Post a Comment