Friday 10 January 2014

Pay Day Loan Companies, My View.

There has been a lot in the news lately about Pay Day Loan companies but, personally, I don't have a problem with them.

Whilst their interest rates are extremely high, they are all advertised, they are not hidden.  I have, in the past, used their previous incarnations which were places where you could cash a cheque which would not be banked until an agreed date, this of course all came at a fee.  I haven't used this service for several years now having sat myself down and worked out a budget - so much on bills, so much for savings, so much for spending etc.



Now the issue seems to be that children can see the adverts for these services and pester their parents into getting loans so that they can buy them the latest gadgets and clothes.  What is wrong with the parents saying no?  Or is that word not acceptable these days?

I know that when I was little, I could ask once and if I was told 'no', that was an end to it.  If I did have the devil in me and tried to pester, I would end up with a smacked bottom and an early night.

But in these days of benefits, easy money and instant gratification, I guess that people will continue to get into debt instead of saving for something because that takes time.

No comments:

Post a Comment