Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Pros and Cons of being Single at Christmas.

I'm feeling a bit (more) fed up (than usual) at the minute, so to cheer myself up I started to list the pros of being single at this family oriented time of the year, then added the cons to make sure I was still ahead.



So here goes

Pros
  • I don't have to worry about the cost of Christmas
  • I don't have to think about what to buy people
  • I don't have the last minute 'did I get the right thing/enough stuff' panic
  • I don't have to decide whose house to go to for dinner
  • I don't have to put a tree up because there is no-one to see it
  • I don't have to share the chocolates with anyone
Cons
  • I don't have anyone's face to watch when they open their gifts
  • I don't have anyone to cuddle up with after a hard day's preparation
  • I don't have a smiling face to wake up to
  • I don't have anyone to share the chocolates with
  • I don't have anyone to go for a cheeky drink with whilst doing the shopping
I am hoping next year that I won't have to worry about being single for Christmas, but then again I said that last year.  

So, everyone out there who does have someone to spend Christmas with, enjoy yourselves and make sure they know how much you appreciate them.


2 comments: