Tuesday 16 July 2013

Who did you want to be when you grew up?

I first wanted to be Lizzie Dripping, who I have just discoverd was played by Tina Heath who later went on to be a Blue Peter presenter.  Lizzie Dripping had two long plaits, as did I back then, played in a graveyard, which even back then I thought was great (see I have always been a strange child) and was friends with a witch, it all seemed the perfect life.


The next person I can remember wanting to be was Maya from Space 1999 because she had the ability to become any animal she wanted, I thought this would be very useful and if I couldn't be friends with a witch, then I wanted to run with the animals. Although having looked at a picture now, she does look a bit strange even if she was an alien.


I then wanted to be Ace from Doctor Who, she was the first assistant that I remembered who did not run around being a girly girl.  She wore a Harrington jacket and made her own bombs.  What wasn't to like?


The next person I remember wanting to be was Xena, Warrior Princess.  No explanation needed here I think.


These days I want to be either Abby Sciuto, from NCIS


Or Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds


Both incredibly intelligent women with their own sense of style.

I have also, at various times, wanted to be Vanessa Shannesa Jenkins (I have just remembered that as I have just switched over to Gavin & Stacey), Kat Slater and Gwen from Torchwood.

Who did you want to be, or who do you still want to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment