Sunday 28 July 2013

Sunday Night Mash Up

I had a fab night out Friday, but boy, have I paid for it!

I haven't had one of those two day hangovers that seem to occur once you hit a certain age but I have just been so tired, tired to the point that I just want to cry.

I had woken up just before 4am Friday morning, which is pretty much par for the course, had a day at work and then back to my friend's house to get ready to go out (by get ready I mean get changed and brush my hair, my night out prep is rarely much more than that).  

I arrived home at 1am and was in bed very shortly afterwards.  I realised just as I fell asleep that I had forgotten to take my tablets but I thought missing one day would not make a difference.  I was wrong.

I did have a lie in on Saturday, not waking up until just before 5am, I was up at 6 and at Kingsbury Water Park by 8am with Mum and the dog.

After I got back home I pretty much spent the rest of the day asleep, a combination of lack of sleep the day before and not taking my tablets.  I was also still feeling the effects of the whatever-it-was attack that I had had when I was out.  I don't know if you can develop asthma later in life, but that was what I thought it was, it was a little bit scary.

I have felt even more tired today, I have again spent a lot of today asleep, even the wooden floor has looked inviting.  I think I might have a really early night tonight to try and feel better for work tomorrow.

It was a Comedy Night that I had been to, at a local hotel.  The comedians were really good, if a little too sweary.  As some of you will know, I am not a fan of swearing.  I don't think it is big, I don't think it is clever and I don't think it is funny.  But as it seems to be accepted by the general populace in much the same way as 'the' and 'a' are, I just have to put up with it.

There was a woman in the audience who was absolutely hammered, and got very angry and abusive towards the comedians, she did get taken outside by one of her friends, but soon came back in.  All of it kicked off because of Gammon cooked in Cola in her slow cooker (you had to be there, it is just going to take too long to explain), but as one of the comedians has since tweeted, the gammon was quite clearly secondary to the coke in her recipe.

We had a bit of rain yesterday, my garden was looking a bit battered this morning.  This is a road about 10 minutes walk from me.


Photo courtesy of BBC/Layna Marie Duke

The rest of the week has been very quiet, let's see what next week brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment