Sunday 7 July 2013

Sunday Night Mash Up

I had an excellent start to the week, I arrived at work to be given a letter telling me that my pay banding had been increased to a 5 in line with my colleagues.  Getting a new line manager certainly gets things moving!

The rest of the week has been pretty unremarkable, the weather has been hot which has meant a lot of vegetable watering, but at least I have been able to get the washing dry.  Something that annoys me about the hot weather is the people that shut their dogs in and never take them anywhere when the weather is cold, but as soon as it gets ridiculously hot they take them out for long walks or to sit in the sun in the park, why?  They never look happy, and I have yet to see any evidence of water for them.  I know Bess the dog likes to sun herself in the garden, but when she gets too hot she comes back inside or lays under the tree, and there is always plenty of water about for her.

This weekend saw the Godiva Festival return to Coventry, it was cancelled last year due to the bad weather, if anyone hasn't heard of our local free festival, here is a link.  


Photo courtesy of the Coventry Telegraph

I would have liked to have gone, but although I am feeling much better these days thanks to my medication, I am still not in a position to be able to do things by myself like I used to, it is still such a mental struggle to leave the house for anything other than work.  I can't always even be bothered to go shopping so just eat what is in the house, if anything, and end up paying over the odds for food at work as I have nothing to take in.

If I can get out of the house, then I do generally feel much better but it is SUCH an effort to get out of the house that most of the time I just don't have the strength to do it and this seems to be the thing that people don't get about depression.  And the thought of being alone at the festival surrounded by groups of people with their friends, families and partners just did not bear thinking about.

I have a review with the doctor this week, I just hope that she does not take me off my tablets, I think it is far too soon.

Oh yeah, Andy Murray won Wimbledon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment