Tuesday 23 July 2013

Does Meal Planning Work?

I have been reading a lot lately about meal planning and how much time and money it saves people.

I have decided to give it a try.  My problem is that by the time I get home from work I can't always be bothered to cook any tea, and sometimes just end up with toast.  As it is just me that I have to feed this is not a problem.  I actually do sort of plan my meals during the winter in so far that I fill the slow cooker on a Monday morning and eat out of that for 5 nights.

Similarly, in the winter I also manage to take food into work for my lunch, but as soon as the weather gets better I start buying in.

I may, to begin with, prepare all my week's meals and stick them in the freezer so that when I get home I just  have to put them in the microwave while I go and put my pyjamas on as the danger is I revert to my toast only diet despite having bought in lots of things to cook.

It was so much easier when I still lived at home and just had dinner put in front of me every night.

Anyway, I am going to plan this week and then shop and cook at the weekend, we shall see how long it lasts.



No comments:

Post a Comment