Tuesday 2 July 2013

Can you watch a movie all the way through?

I can't.

Over the last couple of weeks I have put the following movies on, either on Netflix or DVD

  • Resident Evil (twice) - fell asleep.
  • Zombieland - stayed awake but played a few games of Candy Crush Saga.
  • The Woman in Black (twice) - fell asleep
  • Despicable Me - Stayed awake.
  • Cabin in the Woods - fell asleep.

I just don't seem to have the concentration to sit through a movie, unless it is a kid's animation or a classic like The Dirty Dozen, The Great Escape, something like that. It doesn't help that I need noise to fall asleep to, so if I put something on when I go to bed you can almost guarantee that I will fall asleep before the midpoint.


If I try and watch something in the living room I tend to wander off and do other things, generally I nip up to the loo and then start tidying or putting stuff away coming back downstairs half an hour or so later completely forgetting that I have put a movie on, or go into the kitchen to put the kettle on, look out into the garden and go out and start pruning something.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could improve my attention span?

No comments:

Post a Comment