Tuesday 7 May 2013

I found my purse! Yeay! So I went shopping, ooops.

I got to work this morning and there was my purse having a little snooze under my desk.  So to celebrate I went shopping.

As you know from previous posts, I have no idea what I am taking on holiday with me to wear in the evenings, daytime I will just be in shorts and vest tops, but I wanted something a little dressier for the evening.

I called in Dorothy Perkins on the way home from work and had a quick look round (it's an hour plus on the bus so I didn't want to be in the shop too long).  I found a pair of navy Capri pants and 3 coordinating tops in various blues.

All but one item need to go back.  Why can't manufacturers agree on sizing?  Why is an 18 in one store comparable with a 16, 20 or 22 in another.  Is it too much to ask to not have to take several different sizes into the fitting room?  


I am not the sort of person who knows she is a size 18 and will not try anything on in a bigger size.  I would happily admit to being a size 26 if it meant that I could just go into a shop, pick something up off the rail and know that it would fit.

I have items in my wardrobe that range from a size 16 to a size 24, because they are all different styles and from different stores they all fit.

It is the same with underwear.  I have been going to Bravissimo for the last few years as they provide a great service, everyone is lovely and since I started getting fitted every year a lot of my back pain has gone.  But even there I purchased 3 different bras - one for work, one a little bit nicer for weekends and a 'going out' bra.  Three different styles, three different manufacturers and three different sizes and, despite having one boob approximately 2 sizes smaller than the other, they all fit perfectly.

Does anyone else wish manufacturers would get together on this?

No comments:

Post a Comment