Sunday 28 April 2013

Rhubarb, rhubarb, rhubarb...

Further to my earlier blog I decided to make a Rhubarb Sponge with the two stalks of rhubarb I picked this morning.  It wasn't very successful.

It tasted lovely, the sponge was light and fluffy and the rhubarb sweet and tender but I just couldn't turn it out of the bowl I had cooked it in despite greasing it before I used it.  So the picture of my perfect sponge that I had in my head to post is not happening.

I did afterwards make some Yorkshire Puddings, they were far more successful.


While I was waiting for them to cook I caught up on last night's Doctor Who, I completely forgot about it last night.  Does anyone else think that this series still feels very familiar, I know I have said this before.  Last night they entered the room with the power source for the TARDIS but were warned they could only stay in there for minutes before they would die, what powers the TARDIS? Dilithium Crystals?

Next week's episode appears to be the Carry On episode of Doctor Who (we have already had the Red Dwarf and Most Haunted episodes), specifically Carry On Screaming.  For those of you who may not have seen it, people were snatched, and dipped into vats of a wax substance and turned into shop mannequins.

Is there going to be a Breakfast Club episode? That seems to be a favourite amongst writers.





No comments:

Post a Comment