Sunday 17 March 2013

Sunday Night Mash-Up

I wasn't going to post tonight, but I have so much running through my head I need to get it out otherwise I won't sleep.

There is no particular theme for tonight, it is just going to be a selection of ramblings.

This morning I played host to the snoriest dog ever, Bess, she spent half an hour dashing round the garden in all the rain, sleet, snow and all the other weather we have had today, trailing mud in and out of the kitchen, came back inside, had a cup of tea and then fell asleep.  I was sitting on the settee reading the paper when I became aware of a noise.  It was Bess snoring!


Bess on a warmer day than today!

This afternoon I have done some more study and have pretty much completed my assessment.  I decided to scan the current version as it needs to be emailed to my training provider Wednesday morning at the latest, I still have two evenings to tweak it but at least I have a version that is ready to go.  I am not expecting to pass this assessment, I am merely using it to ascertain the areas I need to focus on in the coming weeks.  We have another assessment nearer the exam date, that is the one that I need to make sure I can pass.

Scanning the document was not fun.  After my comment yesterday that the printer was behaving itself it made up for it today.  It is actually a printer/scanner/copier all-in-one unit but to get it to scan I had to un-install and re-install it as I kept getting pop-up warnings telling me that it was in use by another program.  But after much muttering to myself I got there.

Afterwards I had another trawl through eBay searching for more fancy dress outfits.  I now have almost a complete Roger Taylor schoolgirl outfit, I have currently got a bid in on a blouse and I need plimsolls, but otherwise I am sorted.  As for the 70s night, I found a white outfit very much like the one that Muriel wears when she does her Abba tribute in Muriel's Wedding (if you've not seen the film, you must), but as I am on the larger size I am a bit wary, that's beside the fact that I could get a white outfit dirty in a sealed clean room, let alone in a bar!  Plus it is a jumpsuit type affair so after a few pints the likelihood is I will get my hair off with having to get undressed every time I need to go to the toilet.

Muriel's Wedding - 1994

I have put a bid in on a pair of white platform boots just in case.

Whilst I was studying I had my ipod on random, I need a certain amount of noise around me, I can't even fall asleep if it is too quiet.  Annoyingly some noises make me fall asleep easier than others, I cannot get through a Grand Prix on the telly as engine noise makes me fall asleep, if I am a passenger in a car I can be asleep before I get to the end of the road.  But it was at this point the Rocky Horror Picture Show theme started playing.  Now a couple of years ago, the theme for an event I went to was Rocky Horror, so myself and my friend went as Riff-Raff and Magenta, this year, PING went the lightbulb - Brad and Janet!!

Brad & Janet - Rocky Horror Picture Show 1975

But we shall have to see.  Since then, I don't know whether it is because I am exercising my brain with all my studies, but 70s themed ideas keep popping into my head.  But with less than 5 weeks to go, I really am going to have to make a decision soon.








No comments:

Post a Comment