Monday 21 January 2013

What is the point in being proactive if you then have to wait for everyone else to be reactive.

Today I donned my attractive green wellies and battled through the snow to work.  Despite living the furthest away from the offices and being the only one to rely on public transport, I was first in.

But I digress, today was the day I put my request in to the Boss Man with regards to funding for my CIMA studies, after discussing all the available options, both study wise and cost wise, he then informed me that he would send an email round to the rest of the office to check if anyone else was interested in continuing with their studies, he would then make a decision based on everyone's requests. 

Why?  Everyone was given the same option as I was, to look into what they wanted to do and collect all the relevant information and nobody else has, so why should I have to wait?  Registration has to be completed by the end of this month.  I have to pay over £300 upfront out of my own pocket, I have put this aside but if I miss the registration deadline then I am going to have to hide it somewhere otherwise it will burn a hole in my pocket between now and the next registration opening in six months time.

Also, at the end of this financial year, all training funds are being to a central pot, at the moment each department has their own allocation.  This would mean going cap in hand to the relevant Director instead of the Head of Department.  It could also mean a reduction in the percentage of course fees covered, or a maximum limit introduced.

So I am biting my tongue for now, but I will starting badgering people if I don't hear anything by the end of the week.

In other news, I have not won any prizes now for 27 days and I cannot see if I have lost any weight this week as my scales have broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment