Liebster translates as dearest or beloved so the idea of the award is to nominate bloggers who you enjoy reading to answer a few questions and then go on to nominate their favourite bloggers and so on and so forth. It's a way of getting to know each other a bit better and maybe find some more blogs to follow.
These are the rules:
Thank the person who nominated you – and display your award with pride
Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
List 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
Anyway, here goes.
Tattooed Mummy has asked me....
1. What is your favourite movie?
For a while, when I was pretty down (not that I am exactly highkicking down stairways now) my favourite film was Drag Me To Hell purely because at the end boy did not get girl as *spoiler alert* girl gets dragged to Hell right at the end of the movie. Bet you didn't see that coming.
My guilty pleasure film is Wayne's World and I can recite a lot of the script even now, and the Bo Rhap scene has been performed in my car on more than one occasion.
2. What is your least favourite food?
Sprouts! Or tripe, I remember going to the market every couple of weeks with my Gran and buying raw tripe which she then used to poach in milk. Bleurgh.
3. If you had to choose only one social media to use for the rest of your life which one would you pick?
Twitter, I use it so much more than I do facebook these days. Unless MySpace makes a huge comeback, I liked that you could add music to your profile page.
4. Why did you start a blog? And is that still why you blog?
I'll be honest, I started my blog to try and win competitions as when I started comping an awful lot of the winners seemed to be bloggers. It didn't work out for me.
Now I blog less, these days it is generally when I am having a drunken 'aaaargghh, what is going on in the world?' moment
5. Are you a happy person?
Right at this minute, yes. But ask me again when my sicknote expires and I have to go back to work.
6. Can you sing?
I like to think that I can, but I can't.
7. Which country that you have never visited would you most like to?
I'm going to be a bit cheeky here. I would love to go to Croatia for a holiday if I ever get the money. I've never been although I did go to Yugoslavia just after I left school in 1987. Oh my God, I just realised that I left school 30 years ago!
8. What do you do to relax?
9. Do you always take off your makeup at the end of the day?
I don't wear makeup unless it is needed as part of a fancy dress outfit. If I haven't sweat the stuff off then I will remove it.
10. When was the last time you painted your nails, and what colour were they?
A couple of years ago I painted my toenails before I went on holiday as two of them had turned black after I walked into the bed post. I painted them blue. I was sitting on the beach one day looking at a pretty blue shell I thought I had found thinking how unusual it was, then I realised one of my nails had fallen off.
11. Which book(s) are reading at the moment and are they paper or digital?
I am currently rereading my paperback copy of Trainspotting, I'd forgotten it was written in Scottish and it took a while to get back into. That's my curled up on the settee book.
In bed I am reading, on my Kindle, Twelve Minutes Till Midnight.
And the book in the smallest room, paperback obviously, is Thief's Return which I won on Goodreads a while ago.
Now I have to give you 11 facts about me, not sure I am interesting enough for 11 but here goes.
1. I would rather be in Spain. I would love to live in Spain but I don't want to have to work whilst I am there otherwise it will just become here. But warmer. So I need to win the lottery.
2. I was bought a pint by a former member of King although it was so long ago now he may have still been in the band at the time.
3. I didn't lose my virginity until I was 41. Worst thing I ever did.
4. For the last 5 or 6 years I have been trying to grow my own veg, other than a marrow plant that tried to take over the garden I have not been too successful.
5. I have been made redundant twice.
6. I voted 'leave', which may seem at odds with point 1 above, but I want to be ruled solely by the Government that we elect, whoever that may be, in this country and not by officials based in another country.
7. I am a member of the Queen fan club, not her Maj, but Freddie and the boys, and attend the weekend long Convention every year, although this year I cannot attend due to the dates but it would have been Covention number 25 for me.
8. I've never been to Nandos.
9. I've never been a Bridesmaid.
10. I love Hallowe'en more than Christmas.
11. I want pink hair.
Now I need to nominate....
Emma at Emma Drew Info
Becky at Becky Barnes Blog
Laura at Heroine In Heels
Emma at Life According to Mrs Shilts
And your questions are
1. Do you enjoy blogging now as much as you did when you started?
2. If money was no object, where would you like to live?
3. Did you ever accidentally call a teacher 'mum'?
4. Have you ever seen a ghost?
5. Do you have any tattoos?
6. Are you a dog or a cat person?
7. Can you drive? If so, how many times did you have to take your driving test?
8. Do you have a Bucket List? If so, what is the first item on it?
9. When you go on holiday, are you a sea swimmer or pool swimmer?
10. Which Friends character were you?
11. Have you ever tried to find yourself on Google Street View?
I look forward to reading your posts.